When you get up in the morning with a refreshing feel, you consider yourself luckiest among all. A good night sleep can make your day and any pain or ache can ruin it totally. One may take a good night sleep granted but it is no less than a luxury for a few people.
It is the story of people suffering from severe neck cervical pains who long for a good night sleep. Their pain does not let them sleep in their imagination even. Such pains last for whole day and can ruin your morning schedules and daily routines.
It is usually the wrong pillows that make you prone to neck pains. Most of the times, it is the only reason behind headache or high migraine levels. A good quality cervical pillow can make this fantasy of sleeping well whole night come true.
Cervical pillows are specially designed ergonomic supports to hold your neck and head in proper positions while sleeping. These pillows rise to the level of your neck and compresses at the position where your head rests. They are made with special foams that are excellent in compressing or decompressing. You can choose the best pillow among the available options according to your personal preference.
Different Types of cervical pillow
Different types of cervical pillows helps you t achieve the target of a peaceful sleep. Below mentioned all types of pillow (Chiropractic), are best pillow for neck pain.
- Cradle pillow: Cradle pillows distribute all the weight of your head and neck to lessen the pressure on them. This particular type of pillow also helps in proper breathing and avoiding snoring.
- Side pillows: The pillows that have curved edges, lower in the middle and higher on the sides, are called side pillows. These pillows are generally used for proper neck alignment. Because their front edge is tilted forward, side pillows support upper vertebrate. It gives enough space for shoulders and thus provides extra comfort.
- Neck Pillows: These pillows are specially crafted to support the curve of your neck. It comes in number of sizes and is perfect for people who sleep on their side or back.
- Comfort Pillows: In terms of shape and feel, these pillows are much like ordinary pillows. But due to their special foams, the ergonomic designs provide better supports than traditional pillows.
- Cervical Rolls: These rolls can be used under different parts of the body: under the head, under your knees, and the lumbar support region. If you are a side sleeper, cervical rolls are a perfect choice for you.
Benefits of cervical rolls
A cervical pillow can change your life if you are suffering from military neck, herniated cervical disc, neck arthritis or any kind of neck problem.
- It helps you to sleep pain-free through the whole night so that you can get up and enjoy your whole day. Your pain will simply vanish if you use cervical pillow properly.
- Relieves your shoulder muscles and stretches them gently. It gives you extra comfort.
- It positively deals with the issue of snoring by keeping air passages optimal while you sleep.
Top 3 Best Cervical Pillow for Neck Pain
To choose the best pillow for neck pain is not an easy task. This best cervical pillow review includes three best products;
This pillow does not look like a pillow actually. Therapeutica sleeping pillows incorporates the shape 2 pillows of different shapes, sizes and heights slipped into each other. Although it has an odd shape, it supports your neck and head in a perfect position. Either you sleep on your back, sides or both, this pillow is perfect for every position. Its key function is to support your spinal alignment and makes it more comfortable.
This best cervical pillow assures you a sound sleep and you wake up with less or no pain. It also reduces stiffness of your neck.
The center tongue of Therapeutica pillow supports the neck area between shoulder blades very well. The wedge extension is a unique feature and supports your back well.
Weight: The weight of the pillow is 1 pound.
Resilience: Therapeutic pillows are made up of special kind of foam which is dense. Because of its high density, it never crumbles. The foam is known as “memory foam” in lay man’s language. It is non-toxic and non-allergic. This particular foam makes the pillow extra comfortable.
Warranty: The pillow is backed with a 5-year warranty of not to lose shape and resilience.
Side sleeping: If you are a side sleeper, this is probably the best cervical pillow for you. When you sleep on your sides, your head falls down of the pillow. This traction pillow does not let your head tilt, move forward or slide back down because of its excellent side wings.
Sizes: The therapeutic pillow comes in 5 different sizes.
Pillow Cover: The pillow cover is included in the purchase of this pillow. Made from polyester/cotton, the fitted zippered pillow covers are machine washable. These pillows can also fit into our routine pillow cases. The child, petite and average size fits in the standard sized pillow cases. Large and x-large size fits in king-size pillow cases.
Prices: The best cervical pillows are quite expensive but you may find offers or discounts on it. Yes, it is a huge investment but it is an investment for good health and lifestyle. check price on Amazon.
Like any other product, this pillow also has its own pros and cons;
- Therapeutic sleeping pillow is very comfortable to sleep in. It provides a perfect align to your head and spine. It does not let your head fall while sleeping on sides. If your uncomfortable sleep does not let you work the next day, it is an ideal product for you.
- The side wings of this pillow are a unique feature and its stretches your shoulder muscles in the best way.
- There is nothing like getting used to it. You can stop using it whenever you want to.
- If someone has immobile neck or reversed cervical curve, this pillow will not be good. It is good for all other cervical pains.
The cervical support pillow has trapezoid sized center is known to deliver great orthopedic benefits. It has two neck rolls with wide width, the top neck and the bottom neck roll. The two neck rolls are defined in this way to provide a custom fit for sleepers of different height and size.
The side lobes of Tri-Core Cervical Pillow are taller to support the head and neck while side sleeping.The best cervical pillow has built-in neck rolls that supports the neck and head firmly by cradling the head in it. This pillow supports your head in every natural sleeping position. Manufactured in USA, the chiropractic pillow is known for its ability to help alleviate neck pain and assign the spine correctly.
Weight: The pillow weighs around 2.6 pounds.
Resilience: Tri-Core cervical pillow is made up of high resiliency fiber. It provides exceptional comfort and durability by springing back when compressed. This highly reviewed pillow lasts longer than traditional pillows and provides a better support. All credit goes to the foam used in its crafting. The 100% cotton pillow is stuffed with fortrel fiber. It is firm but it is not hard.
Warranty: As already told, the pillow lasts longer. Its life is more than traditional pillows.
Comfort: Initially, you may not find the pillow comfortable but with the routine usage of few days you will come to know how comfortable it is. The pillow comes in two firmness levels. The larger one is 3-4 inch high.
Exact measurement: The trapezium cradle is around 3 inch deep on the wider side. It is 5 inch across the indentation. On the narrow side, the depth is less than an inch and 6 inch across the indentation.
Sizes: The Tri-core pillow comes in 7 different sizes and 3 different colors. The exact measurement of firm support is 16 inches x 24 inches. The medium size is 15 inches x 22 inches.
Pillow cover: No pillow cover is delivered with the pillow. You have to cover it with standard traditional pillow cases. The standard size fits in standard sized pillow cases. The small and petite size will leave room in it. For all other sizes, king-sized pillow covers will work best.
Prices: Tri-Core pillow covers are not much expensive. They easily fit into your budget and provide you the much required comfort. You can check latest price on Amazon here.
Tri-Core cervical pillow is backed with its pros and cons;
- The side wings of cervical neck pillow support your head and neck well in a good alignment. It is too firm and is a perfect option for people who sleep on their sides most of the times.
- Because it is firm, most of the doctors recommend it to cervical patients. It is firm but not hard and this thing makes it more comfortable.
- No con is known of this product yet.
Opt this cervical neck pillow to experience a deep sound sleep. Arc4Life cervical linear traction neck pillow relaxes your body in a way that you never wake up with any pain or cramp. It relieves the pressure by giving proper support to your neck and body.
This best cervical pillow has V-shape cavity in the center that cradles your head gently and lifts your head away from the shoulder. The underneath neck roll supports your neck. The soft wings; the right and left side support of the cervical pillow for neck pain adjust your head if you sleep on your sides. This keeps your head just at the right height.
Arc4Life Cervical Linear best cervical pillow, also reduces the problem of snoring because air passage is unrestricted this way. It makes breathing easier. This pillow also enhances the circulation because relaxed muscles increase the flow of blood.
It aligns your spine in a natural way so that you can enjoy a better posture. The pillow restores the natural C-curve of your neck. The ergonomic design helps to relieve neck and back pain by improving your postures. These are specially crafted for back and side sleepers.
Weight: This cervical neck pillow weighs around 1.5 pounds.
Resilience: It is observed that Arc4Life pillows start losing their shape after 12 months of continuous usage. There is no warranty of this product. The stuffing of these pillows is made by hand.
Sizes: The pillow is available in different sizes to suit your requirement. Large size will be suitable for king, medium for queen or full and small, twin or single. The width of the pillow is the main concern. The finishes size of this pillow is 24 x 17 inches.
Material: This is a sewn pillow and is stuffed with polyesters fiber. The fiber is totally latex free and non-allergic.
Comfort: The pillow maintains the proper posture. We are not habitual of it and that is why it seems uneasy and awkward for a few days, but after using it for a couple of days it seems very comfortable.
Pillow cover: The cervical pillow for neck pain does not with a pillow cover or dust cover. The pillow is machine washable and fits most of the standard sized pillow cases.
Price: Arc4Life pillows are quite expensive. Amazon is giving good discount on this pillow.
Following are the pros and cons of this cervical pillow;
- This pillow is well fitted for the people who sleep on their back. It is extremely comfortable. Start using it for shorter intervals initially and increase your usage gradually.
- It gives your spine a gentle stretch or slight support if you side sleep on it.
- The V-shape is specially designed to keep your head and neck in proper position. It is not a subtle shape yet firm enough to give a proper support.
- If you are a side sleeper, its side wings are not sufficient to give a proper support.
- One needs time to settle down with this pillow.
- It is very expensive and has no warranty. It has a really short life span.
Conclusion: All these pillows are perfect to solve the purpose. If you are a side sleeper, therapeutic pillow is good for you. For back sleepers, Tri-core pillows are good. Arc4Life pillows are good in both cases. Chooses the product that suit your budget and has a good life.