Pain is always a sensitive matter. It stops us from ordinary activities. So, the sufferers are affected both physically and mentally. Here, we comprehensively see the shoulder blades pain.
What is called shoulder blades pain?
Pain occurs between the shoulder blades which is otherwise called “Interscapular pain”. The root cause for the pain varies on the persons’ activities. Though the symptom is typically caused by minor muscle strain, the sufferers should be aware of other signs of some diseases such as lung cancer, heart attack as the ailments induce shoulder blades pain.
Pain in different areas of the spine and shoulder blades
Upper back pain between shoulder blades may develop from muscle deconditioning and poor posture. Muscle deconditioning is quite common among the people who sit for a long time with an incorrect posture. Slouching in a chair over time causes loss of strength in muscles. Overusing of back muscles is another cause of upper back pain. Traumatic injuries like work-associated accidents, car accidents, falling and slipping, lifting weight incorrectly might cause upper back pain. Besides, herniated disc, pinched nerves also cause upper back pain.
Can we live with prolonged pain for years? Not at all possible. We can adapt treatment for upper back pain between shoulder blades relief. What are they?
- Exercising regularly to strengthen upper back muscles
- Taking proper medicines and surgery if necessary for traumatic injuries
- Taking rest till recovery and medications for herniated discs
- Being administered with steroid injections for pinched nerves
When you suffer from chest pain, you may have a dilemma about many diseases. Pain between shoulder blades and chest is a considerable indication for angina or heart attack. The most common symptoms are tightness, squeezing pain, and spreading pain from the chest to shoulder blades, back, jaw and arm.
- Aortic wall tear (a large blood vessel that takes blood from the heart to the rest body parts) causes severe and sudden pain in the chest and upper back. Pericarditis also causes pain in the centre area of the chest and shoulder blades.
- Pulmonary embolism, lung collapse, pneumonia, and swelling of the lining around the lung are considerable lung problems that cause chest and shoulder blades pain.
- Spasms or narrowing of the esophagus, gallstones, gastroesophageal reflux, gastritis, are significant digestive problems that cause pain between shoulder blades and chest. Irrespective of any reasons, it is always advisable to check out with the doctor for your chest pain.
The ageing process is the main reason for bone pain. Degenerative disc disease is the critical condition for back pain. While considering cervical spondylosis, the symptoms may range from mild to severe. One of the most common symptoms is neck pain that may spread through the neck base and the shoulders. Headaches are common in this condition, and the person may have a stiff neck. Burning pain between shoulder blades is mostly experienced due to the compression of the nerve roots between the vertebrae along with tingling, numbness that spread towards the shoulders, between the shoulder blades, or down the arms. This condition is medically called “Cervical radiculopathy”.
As we summarized, there are various reasons for back pain between shoulder blades. A thorough examination should be done by an orthopedician. Self-medication is not advisable and using frequent over-the-counter medicines without a proper medical assessment will lead to many problems.
Back pain can be common whether it is in the lower, middle, upper back. It is because the central nervous system runs along the spine. When comparing back pain, lower back pain is more common than in other areas. There are varieties of trigger for back pain. But, experiencing back pain along with should pain is to be considered as a cautious case because as informed earlier, there are many underlying causes for this condition. A rotator cuff injury, a broken collarbone or a shoulder separation can be the source for pain in shoulder blades. A rare damage to scapulae is also a key reason for shoulder blades pain.
When to consult a doctor?
When the patient feels severe pain, immediate medical attention is required. If the shoulder blades pain accompanied by other symptoms, it would be a life-threatening condition. If you feel pain between shoulder blades along with the following symptoms, rush to the hospital immediately.
- Paralysis on one side of the body
- Loss of consciousness
- Rapid heartbeat
- Excessive sweating
- Chest pain
- Shortness of breath
The shoulder blades pain treatment depends on the cause and severity of the condition. Recovery time may vary for everyone.
Some people find relief with home remedies at the initial stage. The following activities help them to tolerate and subdue the pain.
- Yoga and other techniques improve the circulation in muscles and joints, thus give better mobility and pain relief.
- Certain foods have the tendency of triggering inflammation in the body. Avoiding processed foods will help a lot. Adding vegetables, fruits, omega 3fatty acid foods support immensely in muscle strengthening.
- Resting is vital until the recovery time.
- Applying hot or cold packs will help in reducing the pain between the shoulder blades and back pain too.
Try Using Best Shoulder Brace, it helps to Reduce Shoulder blade pain. Following all the guidelines would help to refrain from the back and shoulder blades pain. Never hesitate to meet your doctor at the right time, Stay healthy!