If you usually do not get a good sleep at night, there are chances that you might be aging faster than you should. You may not exactly feel at the top of the world, and your thinking could be confused and muddled. When we sleep, our body starts to repair on a cellular level and removes toxins. Therefore, it is necessary to get at least six to eight hours of good sleep daily.
If you are unable to get enough good sleep, yoga can help. Regular practice of yoga is known to help alleviate several ailments, including insomnia and abnormal sleeping habits. The following yoga stretches that you are going to witness really can help you relax and enjoy a peaceful and great sleep;
Top 5 Yoga to Sleep Better Tonight
Standing forward bends (Hastapadasana)
This pose stretches the back muscles, makes the spine supple and invigorates the nervous system by increasing blood supply.
Basically an excellent stretch that is for making the spine flexible, the Cat stretch also massages the stomach organs and improves digestion, helping you sleep well. It also improves blood circulation and relaxes the mind
A deeply relaxing stretch for the back, this pose also helps calm the nervous system and aids you in sleeping peacefully.
This pose can help remove fatigue from long hours of standing or walking. It is a good stretch for inner thighs, groin, and knees.
Legs up the wall pose
Lie down straight on your back and then lift one leg up, followed by the next as well, and let your feet rest on the wall Extend the arms along the sides, palms facing up.
Now close your eyes and keep taking deep breaths as you relax into the pose. You may use an eye cushion over your eyes to block the light and completely relax. Stay in the particular pose for as long as you are comfortable and then slowly come out, bringing the legs down so far.
This is an excellent pose to relieve tired legs and feet. It also helps increase blood supply to the brain, thereby calming the mind and relieving it of a mild headache.
Other tips to make sleep better:
- Avoid doing Bhastrika pranayama and Sudarshan Kriya in late evenings. They will fill you with a lot of energy and prevent you from falling asleep.
- Avoid watching a horror movie late night, as the thought of it will keep lingering in your mind.
- Listen to soft instrumental music such as veena or chanting or some knowledge talk before getting ready to sleep.
- Sleeping in the afternoon as well for almost about half an hour and at night for six to eight hours mostly is a good practice.
- Introspect on what you did during the day. Feel content, pray and go to sleep with a happy and relaxed mind.
- Finish your dinner latest by 8:30 p.m. Keep a gap of at least two hours between your last meal and bedtime.
- If you even had a quarrel with your partner or loved one or anyone from family as well, make sure you sort it out before you go to sleep as it won’t let you sleep well.
- Avoid taking medicines at night, especially if you are suffering from insomnia so far.
- Medicate at the morning chirp or do yoga nidra before going to sleep and that will help you relax and assist in getting sleep.
So, these are some of the best ways through which yoga helps you get a good sleep so far and even keep you healthy as well as fit and even keep you well maintained on the daily routine. So, keep doing yoga and keep yourself well tones and have tender sleep as well so far.